Sr. Manager/Assoc. Director/Director, Finance
The Sr Manager/Assoc. Director/Director of Finance will work with the Controller and VP of Finance and be responsible for certain finance and accounting activities of the organization to support the needs and requirements of a publicly traded company. The individual will lead the SEC compliance and reporting process, including internal controls and SOX compliance, technical accounting, the stock administration program and internal reporting. The individual will also assist with the annual budgeting and periodic forecasting functions and lead the collaborative efforts on continual process improvements for accounting and finance functions as the operations of the company grow, its needs and complexity increase and it continues to enhance its control environment.
- Manage the SEC reporting process (10Q/10K/Proxy) and related quarterly financial release materials to ensure compliance with SEC rules and regulations, compliance with U.S. GAAP and consistency across all communications.
- Manage the internal controls over financial reporting (SOX) efforts to ensure proper mitigation of financial risks while working to continuously improve the company’s control environment in preparation for 404(b) compliance.
- Manage the technical accounting function to ensure new, or newly relevant, guidance has been identified, properly accessed and documented in a clear, logical and comprehensive manner, and that the necessary controls and procedures are in place to allow for proper adoption.
- Manage and maintain the stock administration system.
- Continually seek ways to improve operating efficiency within the department and overall business.
- Prepare monthly budget vs. actual analysis for the executive team and department managers.
- Support the general accounting function, including review and preparation of journal entries and account reconciliations, month-end analysis and overall general ledger maintenance.
- Oversee the planning and coordination of audits and quarterly reviews; ensure timely and successful completion of financial audits.
- Assist with the annual operating plan and monthly forecasting, meeting with department managers and other key team members, to critically evaluate historical and forecasted spend.
- Prepare and present materials to the Audit Committee.
- Support systems implementation and special projects as needed.
- Superior judgment and ability to demonstrate adaptability to individual needs while not compromising integrity and financial needs of organization.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to document and translate complex financial transactions and effectively communicate across all levels of the organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively across all functions.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical abilities.
- Advanced Excel expertise, including financial modeling and analysis.
- Effective organizational and problem-solving skills, including the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks.
- Requires minimal supervision and ability to act independently.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA required with deep knowledge of US GAAP.
- 7+ years of progressively responsible accounting or financial reporting experience; at least 2+ years of direct experience in SEC reporting, financial planning and analysis and controllership roles.
- Previous public accounting experience.
- Previous experience at a publicly traded biotechnology company highly preferred.