Senior Research Associate – GeneTAC Chemical Biologist
The senior research associate/scientist will be a key member of the Design team focused on developing biochemical and cellular assays in support of the GeneTAC platform projects. Key responsibilities will include building and validating biochemical and cellular assays for assessment of the GeneTAC molecule activity. The ideal candidate needs to have strong hands-on experience with broad range of biochemical and cellular assays in a biotech/pharma environment.
- Develop and conduct biochemical, cellular, biophysical assays to support research and lead optimization campaigns.
- Build and conduct assays that answer key underlying mechanistic questions and activity of GeneTAC molecules.
- Contribute in efforts to identify novel applications to broaden the GeneTAC platform and Design pipeline.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- M.S in biochemistry, chemical biology, molecular biology, or a related discipline with >2 years’ experience or a B.S. with > 5 years’ experience in biotech/pharma company.
- Strong hands-on experience in application and optimization of various biochemical and molecular biology techniques such as SDS-PAGE, western blot, immunoprecipitation, PCR, RNA-Seq.
- Strong hands-on experience in cell culture and cell biology techniques is critical preferably with experience with ES/iPSC culture.
- Familiarity with biochemical assays such as SPR, FRET, AlphaLISA is desirable.
- Ability of design and conduct experiments, analyze, interpret and present findings with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to learn and support in vivo experiments as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and multitask in a fast-paced biotech environment.