Senior Pharmacologist – Early Development
Design Therapeutics is seeking a highly motivated and experienced preclinical pharmacologist to support nonclinical in vivo and in vitro studies in late-stage research and early development. The ideal applicant should have prior experience in preclinical pharmacology and IND-enabling programs, a passion and drive for translational medicine and motivation to produce rigorous experimental data to inform drug development.
- Design and execute preclinical and translational studies necessary to support regulatory filings and prepare high quality documentation, including study reports and regulatory submissions on aggressive timelines.
- Support development of therapeutic opportunities through preclinical proof-of-concept and target validation in models of rare diseases, including outsourcing in vivo pharmacology, PK and biodistribution studies and identifying specialized CROs and/or collaborators with appropriate expertise.
- Work closely with Design’s basic research scientists and R&D project teams to generate study designs, gain scientific and budgetary approval, execute studies and present study reports and recommendations to relevant groups.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- PhD, PharmD, or MD with broad experience in preclinical pharmacology and IND-enabling safety programs. Experience in rare diseases is preferred.
- 5-10 years industry experience with direct responsibility for the design, execution, and documentation of regulated studies.
- Direct experience and understanding of biopharmaceuticals and drug development.
- Strong scientific track record and interpersonal and communication skills; the ability to influence project direction in a cross-functional team environment.